Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

USO

Sam and I took Gwen and Gilbert to the USO last night for the free dinner (for military and their families) and Easter egg hunt last night. Gwen and Gilbert had so much fun! I thought they would be timid and not go after the candy and eggs, but boy was I wrong! They went straight for it. I did not have to point out hardly anything. Both Gwenith and Gilbert ended up with full baskets! I was very proud of them. But unfortunately there was some older kids did not get any because the age groups a head of them did not leave anything for them to find. I felt really bad for them, so I had Gwen and Gilbert give them some candy. I was really proud of them for sharing their candies with others. We went around looking in kids baskets and if they did not have any we would share with them. After the hunt it was time to stand in line for the Easter Bunny. Gilbert was really funny, while standing in line he went looking for more candy. It was so cute. I wish I had pictures to share but I forgot my camera. Gilbert like always went straight up to the Easter Bunny and hugged him. Gwen wanted to but then got afraid, but once I went with her she was fine.

1 comments:

aubrey said...

Oh, I wish you had pictures! I love Easter hunts. That is cool that they Navy does that for the families!