Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

bad day/week

Can I have redo please . . .anyone please.

My husband left. He is on deployment, but I can handle that. Been there done that. But my kids cry almost every day for him. Hurts that they miss so much. The nights are the worst them. I think it rally has to do with I always had Sam do the night routine it was their time, plus it gave me "me time". But I tell the kids all the time daddy is coming home. We have map and they kind of know where daddy is.

My dog Jessie. It all started the afternoon after Sam left. She threw up three times on my couch. I was worried but both of my dogs have thrown up before so I thought nothing of it. That night I went to put Gwenith and Gilbert to bed and there was throw up on Gwen's bed. Gwen claimed it was her that throw up but I knew other wise. I told myself if Jessie is still lethargic in the morning I will take her to a Vet. We did not have a vet here in Cali. I have always taken her/them home to Utah for their shots.

The next morning I put going to vet but by the afternoon I just knew I need get her to the vets right away. Instead of doing my research online and asking around I just took her to the closet vet around. That was a mistake. Dr. Luke was so uncaring. She treated me like crap. She barley touched Jessica. They ran a blood test said it was her pancreas. Her white blood cells were high and something else and he was dehydrated. I told them I could not afford to have them keep her overnight so they gave me her medication and IV for her. They told me it was going to be around 500 to 600. By the time I left it was 770.77!!!!

I took her home gave her her med. By the next day she was doing better, or so I thought. She was moving again. She eat just a little. And went outside and did her thing. But she was still not acting self. I was hoping she just needed a little more time to get better.

Then yesterday things turned for the worst he would not move. I checked her gums and they were pale, there was not pink at all. It scared the crap out of me. I called around looking for founding for her. But could not find a place. I called back the stupid vet but no luck. I went to another vet they told me she was sick, but I told them I really have the money for anything could they help. They told me they thought there was a vet on base that might help. I did not know of any. They address and a phone number I went looking for this address but could not find it. By that time in was 5 pm. I took my worn out puppy and my kids home. My one regret beside the first vet was that I did not look and call more for a place to help pay for the medical care for Jessie.

Jessie had not thrown up since Thursday but she started to again today.

Today first thing in the morning I went online found some numbers made some calls and by this afternoon I have found someone to help me!!! She told me never to go back to that vets again she is not a good one! She told me to take Jessie to Animal Medical Center that they were really good. I did what she told me. She paid for 300 of the service!!!!!! I gave the go ahead for the ultrasound and blood transfusion. This all took place at 3 by 5 I was told Jessie was bleeding in her abdomen and there was a mass on her liver and blood would not clot!

They said they could do surgery but it would be lot or money and she still might not make it. Because they did not know why her blood would not clot. It would be risky.

At 730 mu puppy was gone. I had her euthanize. I was there for her. I took her picture, I forgot to ask for them to take a picture of me holding her one last time. I held her and petted her while they gave her the meds. I told her I was sorry. And I loved her and she a very good girl and I thanked her. And then I notice she was gone, they were not even done giving her the meds.

She had pancreaitis, peritonitis and failure of the blood clot. They are a little confuse at why she went down hill so fast. There should have been more signs


I forgot to mention that Gilbert during all of this on Tuesday had diarrhea, which was not fun. Then that night/morning I heard him yelling mom, mommy. I went into his room and he had thrown up all over his bed. He had diarrhea Wednesday too.

Then today on the way home from dropping Jessie at the vets I notice it smelled in the car like poop I asked Gilbert if he pooped he said no, then I asked him if he farted he said no. When we got home I got him out of the car and checked him. He was clean. Then I took Gwen out of the car and she had poop all over her and the carseat.

When I got the call about Jessie I took the kids over to a friends I had her sit in her carseat without the cover.

I am so sad, Jessica was my baby. She was my baby before I had babies. She was only 5 years old!!



Jessica Rhiannon June 12, 2004 - Sept 17, 2009
She was so full of life. She was great dog, and I am not a dog fan. She was there for me. She knew when I was upset. She put up with all of Gwen and Gilbert crap towards her. She put up with Max. I loved that she would howl if called her to much. I loved how she had just the right a mount of energy. I loved how she always slept in until 11 most morning. She was a true princess. When she was hungry she would bring you her dog bowl and any object that could have food put in it.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Again I'm so sorry Michelle, I'm sorry you have to go through this alone, I'm sorry you lost Jessie I know how much she means to you. If there is anything you need let me know.

aubrey said...

Michelle I am so sorry to hear about your little dog. Poor little thing. I hope you are doing okay.

Katie said...

I am so sorry. They seem like our kids as well, but they always stay a baby.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Jessie, Michelle. Please feel free to call me if you need anything at all while Sam is gone.

I have not looked at the blog for a while. Thank you so much for posting the beautiful pictures.