Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies

When I was going though my coupons last Sunday I saw this recipe it sounded good and since it was this year’s million-dollar Pillsbury recipe winner I decide to try it. I thought it was good. I have had better but since it uses refrigerated cookie dough it was good as it could be. I think next time I will try to make it from scratch (homemade) peanut butter dough in place of the refrigerated kind. Plus I might do a batch with a chocolate filling inside the peanut butter base because chocolate-filled peanut butter cookies just sounds better!



oh when I made these I did not use peanuts in the peanut mixture. I just used the sugar and cinnamon because I hate nuts in cookies.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
1/4 granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 1-inch balls.

Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape one cookie dough piece around one peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.

Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely into balls. On ungreased, large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Spray bottom of drinking glass with no-stick cooking spray; press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball into 1/4 thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; gently press into dough.

Bake 7-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered. Makes 24 cookies.


0 comments: