Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

how far along are you?

that is what I was asked this evening! I politely told her I already had the babies, but it is ok because I have not lost the weight. I felt so bad for the lady. The look on her face just broke my heart. I told it is ok. I laughed and told her I still needed to lose the baby weight. As I was walking out the store I was thinking as least I look pregnant and not just fat.

after I got home I started to really think about it and got kind of sad. I had my babies two years go and I am still fat!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Don't be sad. You are beautiful and it takes a while for the weight to come off. We all struggle through it.

Tiffanie said...

I have a similar story. After I had my babies I went to Target without them, and was asking the girl about pictures for twins, and the lady behind me asked if I was expecting twins. I politely said I already had them. I know exactly how you feel. Just wait it will come off it just takes time!!!

Scary Mommy said...

I've been there too and it sucks!!! Just know you are not the only one :)

Tinabean said...

Oh I'm sorry.
I would feel bad for the lady also, usually they don't say it to be mean.
I am in the same boat as you.
I actually lost most of my weight after having the boys, but over the last year I have put it all back on.
It's a frustrating thing for sure.

Brenda said...

Stop it right now! ;) No need to do this to yourself--when your ready the weight will go away--well with the whole not eating anything fun and forcing yourself to work out bit :) don't we all love that!!!!!
My daughter is 2 and I still am holding some weight-so you are not alone we have been there!
And please don't feel bad for her at all--regardless of her intent--you have enough to deal with with two kid, yourself and your hubby~

~Trish~ said...

My youngest is 9...nuff said about my baby weight LOL Thank you for stopping by my blog last week when I was featured, I am still playing catch up with the comments :)

Lori said...

I had my baby 16 years ago and I still have never got back to pre baby weight. It happens. Dont get down on yourself. Life is too short.

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

Been there! :)